Monday, May 2, 2011

Five More Weeks

Hola,

Sounds like you guys are doin work over there in B-town. You guys look good in those pictures. Brooks and Blake you guys look like studs. You might have a slight chance of beating me up if you two team up on me. But no you guys look really good and Sarah thats a good dress, hope you didnt attract any too many birds trying poke at those sunflowers. Well sounds like you guys have some good weather over there, we have been overcast about 50 for the past couple days so hopefully it warms up.

We had a great past week with a lot of success with less actives. One day last week we were walking around this trailer park trying to find a referral we got from a member and then this guy stopped and talked to us. He wanted to try and convert us to his Pentecostal church so we bashed with him for about five minutes and then got out of there. We walked down to our five o'clock appt with a less active Dominican and he wasn't there. So we turn around from knocking the door and then this lady pulls her car right in front of us. She starts talking to us and is pretty excited to see us. We were both a little shocked at first because we didnt know who this crazy Dominican lady was, but then after she explained to us that her friend is a member of the Church and is looking for the Church here in Hazleton, we both just got big ol grins on our faces. It was really cool because we now have a future spanish relief society president here in the area and we are teaching the lady who stopped us. So everything happens for a reason and the Lord will put us in others paths when needed.

Also yesterday at Church I had a good experience with the gift of tongues. The past couple weeks I've just been sitting by investigators or members that come and dont understand english and I translate for them. But some of the older crankier english members complained to us about it and so yesterday we used the headphones. Before the meetings started I said a prayer asking that I wouldn't get nervous and that I'd be able to have the gift of tongues. As it started and went on to the sacrament everything was smooth and I didnt have troubles. Then in the bearing testimony time that is alloted the less active member who I was translating for went up there and bore his testimony. He then volunteered to teach the next weeks Gospel Principles class and then as I translated for him with the head phones in Priesthood he participated a lot and was right there with everyone on the lesson. He came up afterwards and thanked me a lot for doing that because he was able to understand everything and he brought back that feeling of being a member of the Church. So it was really cool how that happened and I am grateful for this experience.

It was a good week though and I appreciated the ear tag for my companion. I wrestled him down and put that sucker right there on his left ear. Not really but he really thought that was cool. I'll be calling you at seven o'clock on Sunday night ok? So you might want to tell all your little girl friends to go home Blake starting at about four your time. Thanks for all you guys do and thanks for the letters. Even though its not depressing or anything being a missionary its good to know you have a family that cares about you and wants to let you know how they're doing.

Have a good week and we will talk to you soon. Hasta la pasta muchachitos.


Elder Nielson

One more thing,

Blake you look like you've got too much weight forward on your stance and your bat shouldn't be chilling on your shoulder. Dont get mad at me I just thought I'd tell you that.

Brooks who the heck did you go to prom with? Papichulo?

No comments:

Post a Comment