Monday, March 28, 2011

Lots of Work in Hazleton

Hola,

You need to tell Chris hello for me. Sounds like you guys are doing good though. This week was great and the momentum here in Hazleton is picking up. We were without our car this week and so we put a lot of miles on our B M doble pies. But we saw some miracles. We were able to enjoy a great Zone Conference and I talked to my buddy from Blackfoot and I think we're going to room together at Utah State so that was cool. But here in Hazleton we found a lot of new investigators this past week, all spanish, and some of them were prepared to receive the gospel. We'll be having some baptisms in the next month or two so it is great. But we just did work this week. I wish I could tell you all the things that we did and all the sweet lessons that we had but I cant. We were able to invite the Spirit strongly into their homes and it was sweet to see my companion and I know what we needed to do and then commit them to be baptized. Last night we were reading the Introduction to the Book of Mormon with a lady and her husband is a member and you could see that she just wanted to keep reading after we talked about it and what it means. It was great and then we commited her to be baptized and she just started nodding her head up and down and then burst into tears. It was what she had been waiting for and she felt the Spirit confirming that to her. But we had many other experiences that were so cool as to finding sweet new investigators or helping out a less active that used to be the 2nd Counselor in the DR, we had an investigator who hasnt come to church in forever and she snuck into the back of the chapel. I looked back at my companion and he pointed her out to me and then gave me a big fist pump. It was great.

But things are going here in Hazleton and we are getting all these people back to church or to church. Yesterday we had Branch Conference and I was really happy to know the Stake Presidency from working with them before in Reading. But they are great guys and after the meetings we went out with one of them and visited some less actives and our investigators who will be baptized in two weeks. It was really cool to feel the support of our leaders and the work with them. He mentioned to us that they plan on creating a spanish branch here in Hazleton because there are so many hispanics and less actives. So we are pretty excited about that and maybe in about three weeks we'll be having sacrament meeting here in Hazleton is spanish. So it was a really good week and we made a lot of progress.

Thanks for the steaks, today I cooked the last two up for my companion and I. We made some tacos de bistec and had a good time. He's doing really good and is a good example to me. We work really well together and thanks again for sending those. But you guys are great and good job Brooks for playing on Varsity, just dont be mad when your racket wont defend you against the Norman Returned. Have a good week and enjoy your time off. We have a busy week again and I'm pretty excited for General Conference. El Amor de Fily

norman

No comments:

Post a Comment