Monday, March 21, 2011

Great Week in Hazleton, PA

Hola,

So its a cold snowy day here in Hazleton, PA and we are doing good. This past week was great and I am really grateful to be here. We were able to have a lot of miracles and see growth in the Branch. Yesterday there were 45 people at church and thats the most they've had in awhile. We also were able to see the need for spanish Elders here. We looked up less actives and former investigators that were dropped because they were spanish speaking only and we found some new investigators out of that. But it was crazy one morning as we were walking in the street talking to people, we found less active members that were put right into our path and it happened one after another. It was really neat because we would walk away after talking to them or teaching them and we'd be all excited, but then five minutes later we'd find another member or prepared investigator. We were able to find one family that were Dominicans and there was a mom and two daughters, one of them served a mission in Guatemala, and then right down the street we found this new investigator from Honduras that was sweet, then we were walking and talked to a mechanic who then turned out to be a member who hadn't been to church since he moved down here from New York, then we talked to a lady who was pretty nice and she ended up knowing a lot about us because she was taught in Boston. It was a crazy morning and that happened other times throughout the week. On Saturday we were walking and talked to a guy who wasnt really interested and then we walked away and this van honked at us and waved us over. We went over and talked to him and he was a member from New York also that was the Sunday School President up there and wanted to know where the Church was. It was sweet. We were able to see the great need for spanish missionaries here.

But things are going really good and I'm happy to be here. I hope you didnt send a package like I requested last week, my companion is a stud and is doing great. Plus I dont think any of your candy would match up to five minutes with Normandy, no I'm just kidding. But things are good and this is a sweet Branch. Its mixed spanish and english and we really need to work on the spanish part. We only had about 4 spanish people there on Sunday and so there is a lot of work to do here. We teach both spanish and english people too so its not 100 percent spanish. But there are a ton of spanish people here and so we speak more spanish than english. The Branch leaders though are great and I am going to learn a lot from them.

Thanks for looking that stuff up for me about registration and school. I'll do the registration and everything, you've done enough thank you mucho. As for housing I dont know what I'm going to do yet because Chase Wilde is going to BYU and I havent heard from Taylor in a while but maybe tomorrow I'll get a letter because we have Zone Conference. I might try living with some buddies that I have here in the mission but we'll see. I just need to know what site to go to register. And with the coming home thing thats fine, I just want to start working as soon as I get home and not be a bum around Boise. The only thing though that I might change is having Brooks drive us down in his new Jeep Wrangler. No not really but you better be driving Brooks and not be a vago con su licensia. Well you guys are awesome and I hope you have a good week. We're going to be having a good one here in Hazleton so thanks for your apoyo y amor. Les quiero mucho y lo siento el ingles se me esta yendo. se me cuiden, el amor de La Republica Dominicana.

Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment