Monday, October 25, 2010

Traveling and Training

Hola amigos,

This was a great past week. It might have been better that going to Henrys Lake and fishing. We had a great meeting on tuesday and all the Elders really enjoyed it. We had a lot of training on spanish and also on finding people. The greatest part was at the end President Schafermeyer gave his testimony in spanish and it was so powerful. When he started speaking in spanish everyone just went silent and there was that powerful presence of the Spirit. Then we went up into the northern parts of the mission and it was great. I took some pictures of the trees for you mom so dont worry. But it was a really pretty drive and the trees are looking great. I was able to go on an exchange in Easton with Elder Glover, the Elder I trained, and we had a good time. Hes one of my good buddies here in the mission so we were able to get some stuff done in Easton and talk about the mission. Hes a stud though and really has grown a lot. But the best part of the week was we went to Reading on thursday and friday and it was my old area. I was able to go and see some of my old friends and the look on their faces when they saw that it was me was priceless. I really felt loved by these people and when their faces lit up and they came over to me and gave me a big hug. It was awesome. One family that we taught, that is going to be baptized soon, we visited and when we got there the kids were outside and I didnt think they would remember me but when the girl of about 13 years saw me she ran over and gave me a big hug. It was really neat and I thought, " man I guess I did good work while I was here." So it was a good time to be there with the people and also show that Elder other parts of the area where there are hispanics.

So it was a good week and we had a lot of success here in our area also. But yesterday I was studying a little in the Temple Ensign from last month and I was thinking about how we should share this magazine with everyone and how beautiful it is for the family.

Also the package you sent got here Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday so I was out of town and wasnt able to get it. They might send it back I dont know but Im going to try tomorrow to get it because we wont have time today. Thanks you guys and have a good week. Keep up the good work.

El Amor.

Norman

(everyone is pretty sad right now here in philly about the Phillies losing to the Giants)

No comments:

Post a Comment