Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MTC Experiences

Well, Chase left for Philadelphia yesterday and we got to talk to him for an entire 3 minutes. Typical. However, that is alright because he is focused and excited to be starting the REAL mission. I'll post weekly entries if you are interested in reading about his mission experiences. Here are some of Chase's observances from the MTC:

Sister Missionaries: "Then all the sisters in our zone are big and ugly and cry all the time."

"The only bad thing is there aren't any chicas worth lookin at (I know I shouldn't be thinking that, and most of the time I don't) but I swear all the sisters here are either twice as big as me or look like they were raised by wolves.

In answer to being asked if there are sisters going to Philly with his group: "I'm glad there aren't any sisters in our group cuz they're all grand champion fat heifers that act like they're your mther and are more righteous than you."

His Companion: "Me and my companion are doing great though. by the way he's going philly spanish too and is from southern cal, went to byu hawaii uh is a total nerd and i get mad at him for being so straight with the rules. haha but we're doing great together, we teach good and have a strong spirit with us.

"I almost killed my compainion this week though, not really, but he's been driving me nuts. He's also the most unathletic human eing I've ever met too. The other day for gym we decided to play soccer and he was on defense by the goal. A kid from the other team kicked it and my companion being the weirdo that he is tries to move out of the way so he doesn't hit the ball. The ball hits him and then bounces into the goal. He socred for the other team. But even though he's a goon I love him (most of the time) and we get a long.

District Leader: "Y'all can call me DL now. I was called to be the new district leader last Sunday and I'll be it until we leave. "

"But everyone likes me as the district leader, it's cool. They all really respect me and don't get offended when I yell at em for goofin around. The first night I was district leader, I had a challenge though. A companionship that's a trio was having a companionship inventory, that's where you tell your comp how much you hate him and how little you love him, but they were all yellin at each other and one elder was about to cry and so I came in and had to step in. We settled everything and I had em all tell all the positives they like about each other and other stuff. It was all good though."

"I swear, right when they called me to be DL things started going bad, and if they were bad they got worse. So at first I had to worrry about an Elder who was really depressed and wanted to go home. So I had everyone in the district write him a letter. Also I had to talk to everyone about lot of stuff about his needs. But he finally gutted up and is stickin through it."

"We've had this situation between a teacher and an elder who is the stuobbornist, selfishest, nice sprited guy sometimes, who always butt heads. I'd talked to him twice last week about shuttin up and not arguing but he kept at it and finally some changes had to be made. Also this Elder was so rude to him somp who is the elder who was thinking about goin home. But the changes came unexpectedly and I had no ideas about it. We got a new teacher and new companions. And now I am with the rude, selfish Elder but things have settled down now."

Call Center (from the TV commercials for Bibles of Books of Mormon): "This is awesome. In the RC where we take phone calls from people and snswer questions and stuff, I called inSpanish on Friday when we went. Talk to two people and could understnad pretty much all they said, I sent the missionaries over to both of em with a Book of Mormon. It was awesome. Probably the greatest feeling I've had my whole time here. And one guy was from Bethlehem, PA, It's in my mission so that was awesome."

Family Advice: "Brooks and Blake, you guys need to read Alma 44 and be like the servant. Sarah I ain't got anything for you specifically but Mosiah 26 is really cool. Dad I'll give you some of my notes from the devotional about temples. And mom, you can take a look at Helaman 5 and Alma 57:21. Have a good one and continue to be the awesome family you guys are."






No comments:

Post a Comment